August 9, 2009

Facebook

Facebook is a social networking website that is operated and privately owned by Facebook, Inc.[1] Users can add friends and send them messages, and update their personal profiles to notify friends about themselves. Additionally, users can join networks organized by city, workplace, school, and region.

It was December of 2007 that I signed up in Facebook, out of curiosity because my cousin posted a shoutout in another social networking that she was in Facebook. At first, i didnt really care about it that much since Friendster was more the popular social networking back then or should I say in the Philippines. I was more focused in Friendster, updating photos and searching for an old friends from elementary, high school and college. Friendster was the "in" in my friends and they weren't familiar with Facebook.

Time have passed, and before I knew it. Everyone is hooked into Facebook already. Everyone is saying that Facebook is the "in" thing now. So that means that Friendster is now outdated. Well, based on my experience between the two social networking, i would say that I like Facebook more since I can do a lot of stuff such as games and chat.

For now, I am more into Facebook than Friendster as all my friends are into it already. Go Facebook!

0 comments: