August 22, 2009

Bridal Shower..

Since I got here I have never attended any Bridal Shower nor Baby shower yet, so yesterday my Filipina friend invited me to go with her to a bridal shower of her soon to be niece in law. Being the first time to attend such a nice celebration, I without more ado I said yes even if I didn’t know the bride, but who cares.

So we went there today, at first, I was a little hesitant to introduce myself, as I didn’t know anybody there aside from my friend but good thing though that I felt comfortable later on as my friend introduced me to the people that were there. I got to meet the bride who I think was very demure and feminine. I mean, I was a bit amazed about it since from what I have believed that American ladies were outspoken and bubbly but she was the exact opposite. Nonetheless, she was very nice, warm and thoughtful.

In totality, it was a according to the Mom in Law of my friend, a different bridal shower. There were no games to make the whole celebration lively; it was more purely prayers for the bride, to give them guidance in their marriage. She was a little disappointed though but as for me, as a first time to experience a bridal shower, it was still fun but I am wishing that I will be able to observe the real bridal shower and I thank my friend who brought me there.

0 comments: