June 9, 2008


How Mae and I met

We both were on an internet dating site called My Foreign Bride. I was only a member for a month between February and March of 2007. Mae was the first one to show an interest between the 2 of us. So after we talked for a while we exchanged email and started talking on Yahoo messenger. At first we would only talk once or twice a month since I was still recovering from my divorce. She was talking with some other people also.

She would come online sometimes while I was at work and I would talk to her. Than one day when she came online I called her sunshine because I had seen pictures of her and she always had a smile on her face. Well right after that she responded by calling me moonlight. As soon as I read that I thought to myself that she was a quick thinker with the snappy comebacks. This got me intruiged.

I moved to Louisiana in October 2007 to start my life over again. Than one day in December 2007 after sending out Christmas cards I got a phone call from an old friend of mine that really blew my mind what they had to say. After that I needed someone to talk to and it just could not be anyone. Well to my surprise Mae came online and I felt comfortable and relieved to talk to her, so I told her what had happened.

Than after that night she kept coming online and we would just talk about anything and sometimes nothing at all. As soon as I noticed that we had been talking all week long I realized that there was just something amazing about this woman. I was able to have a conversation with her and I was comfortable talking with her.

Than when I was driving back to Louisiana from Toledo I got the chance to talk to her on the phone and from that moment I knew that I was in love with her but I didn’t tell her right away. I wanted to make sure of my emotions and feelings for her. I started to find myself getting home from work as fast as I could so I would be online when she was.

Than one night, around first week of January 2008 I really surprised her by telling her that I loved her in her language. And it was Janaury 9, 2008 when she said yes, and we were officially on. I asked her if she really did mean it and she said yes. She was just afraid that I would break her heart. I told her that I always keep my promises and that I would never do that.

Than around the middle of February 2008 we started talking about me coming to Philippines to spend time with her. At first I think that she thought that sure I was going to tell her I was coming there but then not show up. Well I told her that I was going to be getting laid off from work and it might be until July. So as soon as I got my income tax return I bought the ticket for me to fly out on April 17th and I would arrive there on the 19th. Than when I got the flight information I forwarded it to her and than she knew that I was really coming there and that I was keeping my promise to her.

Before my flight we had talked a few times about marriage and having children. I had even asked her what would be a special way that she would liked to be asked to be married. I had gone to purchase a ring for her but didn’t know her ring size. I was also laid off at the time so I just bought a ring that I could afford for her.

On the day of my flight I called her to tell her that I was on my way to pick up my friend who was going to take me to the airport and have my car for the time I was away. He even had my cell phone so he could call her on one of his breaks at work to let her know that I was on my way.

Supposedly my arrival time in Davao should be at 12:30 pm of April 19 2008 but it was delayed due to unknown reasons. I was a worried because I don’t know what time will I arrived at Davao and worst, Mae was waiting for me at the airport and she doesn’t have any inkling that our flight was delayed. Alas, it was all over, we were on our way to Davao.

I had to come out of the airport from the international side which she was not standing at. So as I was walking along the backside of everyone waiting for the people to arrive, one of the porters was yelling her name and as soon as she turned around I noticed her right away.

I checked into the hotel and than we went out to eat and I met her mother and sister at a restaurant close to the hotel.

The next morning, it was April 20 2008; while she was sleeping I slipped the ring on her finger without her knowing. When she finally woke up she saw the ring and was in shock. She was just so stunned and so than I asked her and she was just so happy that she said yes.

On my trip there Mae had the entire 2 weeks all planned out. We went on a zip line, a crocodile park, a nice island resort, scuba diving. We even took a day trip up to Manila. I met her relatives of both sides and I met her friends, who were very nice and easy to get along with. I formed a special bond with her sister and her sister’s friend, coz I like picking on them and of course I get to meet her parents.

On April 30, 2008, I had a serious talked with her parents. I was really nervous as to how should I tell them and soon, I told them that I wanted to marry Mae in her language and momentarily they both said yes. Mae was so happy about it and I’m happy too coz they have already gave their blessings and that is the most important.

I was there from April 19 to May 4, 2008, and it was the best time I’ve had. I get to know more Mae and love her more. She is the woman that I wanted and spends the rest of my life with.

The only thing that I could not get used to over there was the driving. It was like being in a NASCAR race but with more than 43 cars.

May 4, 2008, it was. It was the day that I left and one of the worst days of my life. I did not want to leave her. I kept on holding her and hugging her. I know this won’t be the end of our love story. Instead, I fervently believe that this is the start of our wonderful companionship to forever. We will be weaving our future together.


rojinoshe said...

hala oi....ka sweet oist....uuuuu

im happy for you guys!