March is the Fire Prevention Month in Philippines. Here are the tips to prevent fire
From the Bureau of Fire Protection, here are home and life-saving tips:
• Put phone numbers of your nearest fire department near your phone.
• Eliminate fire hazards through good housekeeping: dispose waste paper, rubbish and other flammable materials regularly.
• Keep matches out of children’s reach.
• Oil or gas lamps and candles should be placed away from curtains. Do not light them near windows, fans or where children or pets may topple them. Put out the flame before going to bed.
• Do not keep flammable materials like gasoline, alcohol and paint inside the house.
• Regularly check your electrical installations, and have all frayed wirings and electrical fixtures changed or repaired by a licensed electrician.
• Do not overload electrical circuits by putting additional lights and appliances.
• Blown fuses should not be replaced with coins, wires or any other metal.
• Never leave a lighted cigarette/cigar/pipe unattended. This may fall on flammable materials.
• Keep a first-aid kit handy.